Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2007

I can do this thing...

For months I have thought over and over again about starting a blog, I even think I got to naming a blog once, but then nothing. But the last few days I have spent many hours ( we are really slow at work) reading the blogs of people I know and love and of people that if they knew that I read their blog everyday it would be considered borderline stalking!

But here are the things that have kept me from blogging - and I hope that laying them out here I am crucifying them before they become real...some sort of online accountability.

1) How will I ever decide what to write...honestly since yesterday afternoon I have written in my head about ten different first posts...which one would be the most exciting? which one is the most real? how can I make sure you really understand me? blah blah blah- I think too much!!!
2) Will I really keep up with it...I don't really know that part of me, so I don't know - I don't usually do things that I don't know exactly how I will execute, manage and already know the end result - so here is to learning something new about myself.
3) Will anyone really read it...I decided I don't care...if for nothing else...I think it will be a great way to keep my mind moving forward...and that is a good thing whether for me or for someone else

The thing is - I have really loved reading and watching life stories unfold online among my closest friends and their friends and then their friends too - I have been encouraged, I have laughed, I have teared up, and most of all I was over and over again reminded I am not alone with these weird dreams, ideas, fears, feelings, etc. So I want to join in with the many others out there, I am ready to share my randomness, my weirdness, and you will more than likely even get glimpse of insanity here and there...

5 comments:

Evie said...

I am at home on my first day of my winter break (recovering after being very sick, the email I sent you the other day was only half of it. I got much worse, but I will tell about that later). Anyway, I am so excited that you started a blog. I can't wait to read it. I have thought about doing one at times, but I think I need to finish this crazy school year first. Okay, I will talk to you soon! Loved the reference to college by the way!

Jerod Starkey said...

Yea! I'm proud. You're first post said more than my blog's said in a year...so I ain't got nothin' but love.
J

EAJan678 said...

YEAH!!! Another fellow blogger. So excited.
Am I the only one that missed the college reference?
I know that your posts will be very insightful and inspiring...
And Evie you so should start one just to be able to vent everyday when you get home about all the crazy stories of all your insane kids!!

EAJan678 said...

P.S. I LOVE that picture of y'all...where and when did you have it taken?

Kristen said...

i am beyond excited to read this blog. you are going to be an excellent blogger, i just know it. my hope is that you will blog often, even if they're short. as a blog reader, you know the thrill--the high, even--of a new blog entry, however short. Don't forget that when you're blogging. I love that picture of you and jerod, too. and evie--I agree with ash about a bad school year being the best time to start a blog--lots of good stories.