Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Ramblings of a Title Escrow Assistant...

Here I sit at work longing for the days when Christmas was a two week production rather than a two day marathon. I hate having to come to work when I know that there are still so many people at home enjoying the holidays, with family, at the malls, playing with all their new gadgets and gifts, etc. But the real estate world doesn't stop and even though I haven't done anything today that couldn't have waited until tomorrow...I am here. On the bright side, I have caught up on my magazines, have time to blog, and I have started shopping the internet for a dress to wear to the CD release party. This is my new quest right now so I will take linked suggestions on dresses for the party...I want something fun, it's okay if it is only worn once, but I need shoes too...so have fun shopping with me and for me if you can. Here is the one I have found so far...

I know a little low but tank under and these awesome crochet tights to go with it...It is not the dress I have pictured in my head but it is the only one I have liked so far....

I am getting so incredibly excited about this concert, I really haven't been excited about anything like this sense the wedding. I am so proud of my husband and I can't wait to sit there and listen and watch and just totally rejoice in all that God has done to make this possible. Going through these last couple of years and now this past week, I am seeing God again in a renewed and revived way. I had hope for what God could do but I have been rather lifeless in the waiting...God is teaching a lot right now and I will continue sharing this journey with you over the next few weeks...Most of all I am overwhelmed with joy and tears abundant as I revel in His grace, His provision and His TRUTH! What He says really is true and it makes my heart feel a million pounds lighter.
On a less serious note let's talk Christmas highlights for a bit...


Double Christmas Eve: A tradition Jerod and I started in order to have a special night for us as a family before we head out and do Christmas gatherings all over the metroplex. It consists of an incredible dinner prepared by my perfectly wonderful husband, always steak, bread beer, some variation of creamed spinach and usually another side to be determined annually - this year it was green bean bundles and they were wonderful!!! Then we pray, talk and do some activity planned by Jerod - this time we made big Christmas lists to Santa of things we both wanted this year...(that's what is in the big stockings on the fireplace) our lists were almost identical...this will be a big year :) now you are probably asking what are all the candles for ... we are trying to burn up all those random candles in the house that just won't go away so we have moved them to the table and have them on constant burning cycles until they are gone - it helped create the perfect candle lit dinner that night. Here is my cute cute cute husband cooking the dinner...I really love this guy.
Then here are some pics of the rest of the weekend with family...









Eastland Christmas





The girls (Ainsley and Jayci) - they are such the perfect age to enjoy Christmas with right now...



I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'm so glad you started a blog! Welcome to the bloggy world. Looking forward to keeping up with now!