Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Crazy Ideas: Before sleep...

This is how crazy I am ... the other night I couldn't go to sleep.  Those of you who know me personally or have ever lived with me, you know this is NEVER a problem for me...I can fall asleep sitting up in the middle of a conversation if I am tired.  But this particular night I couldn't turn off the imagination and my thoughts started thinking about Home Depot.  I know weird...but what can I say I love the store, the smell and anything I come home with from there.  As I was thinking about it - I wondered how many other women love the store too, and I started to realize out of my circle I knew a lot of women that love it.  And let's be real - even if you are sending your man to do the shopping there aren't you as the women somewhere involved in what you expect the outcome to look like of whatever the project may be.  So what if...they decorated a Home Depot for women.  One of my favorite looks is an industiral chic look...concrete and chandeliers for example...wood and shiny metal...brocade patterns and something rustic...so I am thinking... pretty up the aisle signs, add chandeliers to the raftors, add some complimentary purple to the orange, score the concrete, add mirrors to aisle ends along with clearance ends (like at target - a woman loves a clearance item), and move paint, lighting and flooring to the front of the store and put the machines, tools, etc. in the back for eye appeal, I am not kidding the list goes on and on...
So if anyone knows any Home Depot executives - let them know there is a crazy girl in Dallas ready to decorate for them if they want to work on targeting their woman audience.

No comments: